22 Jun 2007

IWO

Japan changed the name of island, IWO island, and Amera don't want to agree with Japan. It's the news in the world. Mmm... strange a little bit.
The first name, Japanese called IWO TOU, but I don't know when changed the name to IWO J IMA. Maybe this's the way it began when the Second World War enemy of Japan that mistook to read it, I don't know sure, but some Japanese guess so. Last year, there's the film about IWO JIMA (LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA), I think you know it. Anyway I don't know why need to change the name. I think no need it. Just reading is different, KANJI is the same. KANJI have many reading, and sometimes different meaning. But this time, not too different, only reading.
Now we called IWO JIMA, but the real name was IWO TOU, Japanese wanted to change the name in origin. But... I don't know why need to change it, strange... Is it important? I think Japanese have more important things than to change the name.
By the way, do you know IWO SHIMA? It's near KAGOSHIMA in Japan. That pronunciation is different with IWO JIMA and IWO TOU, but KANJI is the same with that. I think young Japanese people will be confuse by name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home