1 Sept 2007

THE 50-KILOMETER WALK

Did you see today's program of race speed walking? It was too horrible. I can't believe that happen with athlete.

Japanese athlete whose name is Yuki Yamazaki(23years-old), he defaulted the 50-kilometer walk. Because Japanese assistant of this athletic who mistook guidance to him. And then, he almost finished, and he had to walk more 1 track. But assistant of the athletic who mistook. So he defaulted it! Horrible.
This time, there's other mistakes, for example, some athlete couldn't to stay room in the hotel, they stayed and slept on the floor in lounge. Unbelievable! What happen with Japan!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jan Blurr said...

I believe this is the 2nd time this has happened during these world championships in the walk competition. Durting the 20 km men's walk a German athlete was made to walk in the wrong direction for a few 100m and then when he was in the stadium he collapsed 200 m in front of the finish line. That was on the first day and caused some concern over here. A tabloid paper even said the officials robbed the German guy from winning a medal.

But I'm impressed by the commentators. "Iya, dameda! Nani iteandarou?!". Or this other guy yelling "Natoyu kotoda?!?!" Are those commentators always going bezerk like this on TV?

2 September 2007 at 04:09  
Blogger Michi said...

Sure? Oh... horrible. I'm ashamed about it. Mmm... :(

And that commentators said "Iya, dameda! Nani yattendarou?" that mean is "No, no! What dose he doing?"and "Nantoiukotoda!" that mean is "What happen with them!" I guess...
I think commentators is excited recently, I don't know why are they excited about? I mean, when I watch the game, I'm excited, but they're especially. Like a crazy.

5 September 2007 at 23:26  
Blogger Jan Blurr said...

hey michi,
nothing to apologize for. that's sports. things happen ;-)

so i still have to work on my japanese pronounciation, i see. thanks for the translation. i found rather refreshing to hear them scream and yell that loud. that is somehting you don't get on german tv. at least not so loud. :-)

7 September 2007 at 22:24  
Blogger Michi said...

Thanks :)
If TBS(it's one of Japanese TV station) live sports, something happen always. Ahaha :D it's bad compatibility.

So, can you speak Japanese? That you mean, before you can speak, don't you? I think your listening is nice! Because that commentators yelled, and I'm Japanese but it hard to understand what they yelled. :D

8 September 2007 at 01:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home